Thursday, April 14, 2011

Unfinished Business

Today i woke up at 6, no wait, back up.  Last night i taught the kids class at my church and finally left, kids in tow, at 10pm.  i fed my kids Del Taco at 10pm.  Then i cleaned up, watched one episode of 30Rock and fell asleep on the couch.  i woke at 6am to give a bottle to my 11 month old, who still does not sleep more than 7 hours at time. i got Jaden and Cael up for school at 730, drove them to school at 8.  i came home, vacuumed, made doctors appointments for my sick in bed husband, did two loads of laundry.  i made lunch for Owen, fed Toren, took a shower and fixed my hair.  i helped Owen clear out a trashbag full of clothes that he does not wear and form a small volcano in his room.  i picked up my kids early from school at 230, took my husband to get a procedure at 3,  the same time i tried to attend a work meeting at the hospital.

So here i am at my staff meeting in the hospital, my poor husband alone upstairs in a procedure, and my poor kids sitting  alone in the education departement with Dr. Pepper and Rice Krispie Treats. i left my meeting early to rescue my kids and see my husband in recovery.  Drove everyone home at 530, picked up hubby's prescriptions on the way home, as well as diapars and baby food.  Ordered a pizza and watched American Idol with my family.

Things i did not do today..... offer my children healthy choices to eat, take the clothes from Owen's room to the Rescue Mission (i actually THREW them away), make any kind of dent in housework, pet my dogs, let my kids finish their school day, be there for my husband before his procedure, stay for all of my staff meeting, provide meaningful after school activities for my kids.  i did not get to have coffee with a friend that i never seem to find time for.  i did not get to visit my friend who just had her baby.

Hmmm, kind of makes me want to go back to bed and try again tomorrow.  Lucky i get to.

4 comments:

  1. You are an amazing woman, Candice. Just the fact that you are a mother of 4 boys, pastor's wife, have job, go to school, serve in the church, and manage to always look beautiful and have a smile and hug for everyone is inspiring. You are wonderful at all you do. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the life of a mom... but there is no doubt that your family knows they are loved :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay Mrs. Pastor, This is very important!! Wednesday nights you need not to worry about dinner!! Tell me and I will have plates set aside for you and the kids. Help me, help you! lol. Life is challenging for sure. But you are a great example of parenting to all of us. Don't knock yourself. Great blog!! We need more of this amongst each other to see our own paths in life and have the ability to meet life challenges together in Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You can be thankful for not having a boring life. :) very adventurous seat of your pants type of a girl. This is why Andy and I want a big family. Never a dull moment.

    ReplyDelete