Tuesday, April 12, 2011

My First Blog

i am writing my first blog.  i realize i am hopping on the blogger train about 5 years later than a lot of my counterparts.  Better late than never.  i actually decided i need to write a blog so that when my children are grown they can read this and understand that being their momma is the best thing i have ever done.  My grouchiness is quite often present, thank God not usually contagious, and i hope outdone by my love for my kiddos.

So here it is, the grouchymomma blog.
i have four boys, ages 9, 8, 5 and almost 1.  They are spectactular, really.  i also have a job.   i am a psychiatric nurse.  This means i get to see the effects of bad parenting on a regular basis.  And, i am a pastor's wife, but i am definately not typical.  i don't put on tea parties or play the piano, though i wish i could do both.   i also frequently have so much on my mind that i find myself scowling.  Not pretty.

My 8 year old told me today that his dad is more cuddly than me.  i was genuinely offended.  What?  i am supposed to be cuddly, for goodness sake, i'm a freaking mother.  But okay, cuddly does not a good mother make, right?  AAAGGHH.  I love you Cael, whether I cuddle you or not.

2 comments:

  1. I love the things kids say. You have to write down everything so you don't forget those moments. A blog is a good place to do it.
    Cael is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to blogging! I am a grouchy momma at times too...and find myself scowling more than I want to be.

    ReplyDelete