Thursday, April 21, 2011

Moab and Rubbermaid Cribs

We went to Moab this week for the boys spring break.  We were supposed to go camping near home but the weather was so lousy, my husband decided last minute we should go to Moab.  It is crazy how beautiful it was there!! We had a completely great time, hiking and swimming and spending time together, which we don't get enough of. 




The only negative part was we forgot the portable crib for Toren.  No biggie, he can sleep on the floor.  Right.  After the first night of no sleep we went to ALCO, their variety store, as there is no Walmart in Moab.  We bought, I kid you not, a Rubbermaid container which was just about the size of a portable crib.  We were so looking forward to a good night sleep.  But then we got to wondering, what if the oxygen can't circulate well, afterall they must put slats in cribs for a reason.  So we had a huge rubbermaid container in the middle of the room and a one year old in our bed.  He tossed and turned, but slept a little more than the night before.  We returned the Rubbermaid the next day.  My 5 year old, Owen, said "Mom, if you didn't want to hear him cry, you just should have put the lid on."   The final night of our Moab trip, Toren slept with us again.  He actually slept pretty well, not that I did, he must be getting used to it.  I am hoping he goes back to his crib with no problem.  Because 3 sleepless nights is quite enough for me, thank you.  Not to mention, his inner beast is unleashed when he isn't rested.  Our sweet little man became "the most unpopular member of our family" as my husband put it. And I'm ready to have my sweet baby back. 

1 comment:

  1. We're going to attempt Yellowstone with Alyeska this fall. I hope she does okay because I really wanted a trip this summer but Andy moved it to the fall because of Alyeska is a little too much of a bobblehead to be walking around with her and were still getting used to her. We did get a little travel baby bed so hopefully it works out.

    I love this picture! You have the cutest boys who love their daddy. :)

    ReplyDelete